Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Gaming Log: March 2012

With March over it's time again to take a look back at my gaming habits. There was a big New Release last month, that I decided to pass-over in feed my love of fighting games, and I got my self up to date on a big franchise.


Click to see the full month's log

I decided to pass on Mass Effect 3, arguably the most high-profile release in March, and picked up Street Fighter X Tekken (pronounced "Street Fighter Cross Tekken") instead. I waited a few months after the release of Mass Effect 2 to pick it up, and I'll likely do the same with ME3.

I finished off Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and went back and completed a playthrough of Assassin's Creed II. I've only just recently become a pretty hard-core fan of the Assassin's Creed series and am glad that I'm now comfortably caught up and ready for this Fall's AC3.

I gave my Xbox 360 a little love at the beginning of the month, and replayed both Bionic Commando (the 2009 reboot) and Bayonetta. I really like the 2009 Bionic Commando game, unapologetically so, and had a good time running (or rather, swinging) through it again.

I pick up a copy of Bulletstorm on clearance ($10) and had a nice time going through it. The game is a ton of fun. I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but the Skillshot system in Bulletstorm was just the kind of chaotic, frantic action that appeals to me.

I guess it was a "slower" month than both January and February, with less game titles crammed into the date boxes. I managed to stay focused on specific games longer and still had a fun month.

Remember the old saying: "April showers, mean staying inside and playing more videogames!"

No comments:

Post a Comment